- We can use single thread or double thread.If double thread can easily pass through beads then it is preferable.Otherwise use single thread.
- Use needle in which thread and every beads can easily pass through.
- Use cylinder seed beads rather than round seed beads to make even and precision look. Cylinder seed beads are extremely uniform in shape and size.
- Many sizes and colours are available in seed beads.
- Don’t make too tight or too lose otherwise it will bend.
- To make hangings use cotton thread as nylon thread are not straight.
- Select colour of cotton thread same as last bead of hanging.
- To thread a needle easily, apply glue at end of thread,remove the extra glue with gentle press and let it dry. Now you can thread a needle easily as it becomes thin and hard.
- When thread is finish, knot it and fix knot with glue.
- Maximum length of thread should be less than or equal to your hand’s length.
- Use vessel with appropriate shape and depth so that bead can be easily taken during beading.
- Size of seed bead doesn’t change in same ratio by length and height.So if you change size of beads then patch size may be long or wide.
Types of stitch :
- Refer the following link for the video of ladder stitch: https://youtu.be/pNxs6EDUPOk (Please watch 1:06 min to 4:24 min only)
- Refer the following link for the video of brick stitch:
- https://youtu.be/EFytd-mfr-U (Please watch 3:14 min to 5:16 min only) (Simple brick stitch)
- https://youtu.be/pNxs6EDUPOk (Please watch 4:37 min to 5:08 min only) (how to increase 1 bead at starting of line)
- https://youtu.be/pNxs6EDUPOk (Please watch 7:37 min to 8:07 min only) (how to increase 1 bead at ending of line)
- Refer the following link for the video to make hangings : https://youtu.be/EFytd-mfr-U (Please watch from 8:49 min )
How to loom :
- For making traditional loom and beading loom refer the following link : https://youtu.be/rm9sHuK9Z4I (Please watch 00:00 min to 3:16 min only)
- Make other columns by same method.
- For finishing the loom work refer the following link : https://youtu.be/u3a4SymwVGw (Please watch 0:55 min to 11:52 min only)